The Youth of McGill are leading the services Sunday, April 22. This is always a special time with special music and creative worship.
Scholarship applications are available online or on the table outside Paul’s office for active members of McGill Baptist Church. Deadline to return is Sunday, May 20. More information is posted below.
McGill Music Celebration
The Music Celebration Service is on May 6 at 6 p.m. Please bring a dessert to share during a time of fellowship following the service.
Habitat for Humanity build
On May 12 we have an opportunity to work with Habitat for Humanity on a renovation they are completing for a Cabarrus family. We will need 10-12 volunteers to work from 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. on that Saturday. This will be work that anyone can do. You must be 16 years of age to participate. To sign up please see Donna Duncan or Winfry Whicker at the back of the sanctuary. A waiver form is necessary also.
Planning for Graduation
Please call or email the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are graduating from high school or college so that you can be recognized at Graduate Sunday which is June 3. It would be helpful to have the high school and college that you are graduating from and your future plans.
The Delta Sigma Theta Sorority is hosting a Health Fair at McGill on Saturday, April 28, from 10 am to 1 pm. This year Novant Health will provide free screenings with same day results and a counselor. You can also learn the basics of Bleeding Control-Stop the Bleed Save a Life.
Human trafficking discussion
An educational program on human trafficking will be at McGill on Thursday, August 26, from 5:30-7 p.m. Nikki Rainey, of Present Age Ministries, will lead a discussion of the growing problem in our Charlotte Metro area and the services that Present Age Ministry provides in addressing this issue.
Operation Christmas Child
Operation Christmas Child for April: Small stuffed animals and plastic cups (remember it needs to all fit in the shoebox).
McGill Scholarship instructions & qualifications
Thank you for your interest in the scholarships awarded at McGill Baptist. We are grateful for the financial support provided by the families sponsoring the scholarships each of which have a minimum amount to be awarded of $500.00.
The number of applications completed each year exceeds the number of scholarships that are available. To ensure fairness in the committee’s review of applications, specific criteria are set for the application process:
- Applicant must be an active member of McGill Baptist Church.
- Applicant must be accepted by the college/university he/she plans to attend.
- Applicants do not apply for a specific scholarship; the Scholarship Committee is responsible for awarding the individual scholarships.
- Criteria for selection will include scholastic achievement; financial need; service to school, church and community; character; and a completed application.
- A student applying/re-applying for a scholarship during his/her college years may be considered along with other applicants. A transcript of your previous two semester course grades is to be provided with the completed application.
- The application form is available in the church office.
- The absolute deadline for submitting a “McGill Baptist Church Scholarship Application” is Sunday, May 20, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships. Please check your application for completion in its entirety before turning the application in to the Office Manager (Patsy Lawing) at the church office.
Scholarships are to be awarded at the Graduate Recognition Service (10:45 AM) on June 3, 2018. Applicants are asked to make every effort to be present for this special occasion and to wear their cap and gown.
The McGill Scholarship Committee