Application Deadline May 20
Thank you for your interest in the scholarships awarded at McGill Baptist. We are grateful for the financial support provided by the families sponsoring the scholarships each of which have a minimum amount to be awarded of $500.00.
The number of applications completed each year exceeds the number of scholarships that are available. To ensure fairness in the committee’s review of applications, specific criteria are set for the application process:
- Applicant must be an active member of McGill Baptist Church.
- Applicant must be accepted by the college/university he/she plans to attend.
- Applicants do not apply for a specific scholarship; the Scholarship Committee is responsible for awarding the individual scholarships.
- Criteria for selection will include scholastic achievement; financial need; service to school, church and community; character; and a completed application.
- A student applying/re-applying for a scholarship during his/her college years may be considered along with other applicants. A transcript of your previous two semester course grades is to be provided with the completed application.
- The application form is available in the church office.
- The absolute deadline for submitting a “McGill Baptist Church Scholarship Application” is Sunday, May 20, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships. Please check your application for completion in its entirety before turning the application in to the Office Manager (Patsy Lawing) at the church office.
Scholarships are to be awarded at the Graduate Recognition Service (10:45 AM) on June 3, 2018. Applicants are asked to make every effort to be present for this special occasion and to wear their cap and gown.
The McGill Scholarship Committee